The school, situated in the center of Comilla, was established in 1837 by an English named H. G. Legister. It was governmentalized as a high school by the Government of British India for teaching English literature and Science and named as Comilla Zilla School. In the 1850s the school building expanded and improved its teaching structure.It’s considered as one of the best schools in Bangladesh.
This is a boy’s school. Initially the school conducted only one shift. From 1991 two shifts were introduced: morning and day. Presently all the classes from 5 to 10 are running. There are six sections in each of the classes-‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, and ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ for class five to eight where ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ are in morning shift and day shift. There are Two sectionsin nine & ten,they are “A”and “B” And 60 students in each of the sections according to the present system. For class nine and ten students are distributed into four sections following the same structure with a larger number of students in a class. Almost 2000 students are studying in the school with 53 teachers.
The uniform is white shirt with white full trousers and white shoes and black belt. The school monogram is be printed on the shirt pocket.
Usually students are admitted in class 5 and 6. Admission can be considered in other classes if a vacancy is available or if someone is transferred from some other government school. The admission test is usually taken in the first week of January.
* Comilla Zilla School Cricket Team was champion in National Nirman School Tournament in 1992.
* BNCC (Bangladesh National Cadet Core)
* Games & sports (mostly athletics, cricket and football)
* Cultural activities: in each year the students of the school celebrate the Shorossoti Puja on the school field.
* Math and Language competitions: The school is the champion team of the national maths contest.
* Science fair: A science fair is held each year.